CDS 2 2018 Apply Online
The combined defense service exam is a National level Recruitment Test which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. (CDS 2 2018 Apply Online) This exam aims to shortlist potential candidates for getting inducted into Indian Armed forces. This exam is conducted twice every year in February and November. This time this exam is taking place on November 18, 2019. Successfully registered candidates can download the admit card from the official website.
- CDSE is a stage exam consisting written examination, personal interview round followed by medical examination. The whole process ends with a final merit list the successful candidates are trained in Indian defense training academy.
UPSC announces exam dates for CDS exam Candidates cab check the following table for CDS 2018 Exam dates.
CDS 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements at the time of applying for CDS 2018. Check below educational qualifications age criteria and marital status required for appearing in the CDS Exam.
1. Educational Qualification
The eligibility criteria are different for all the posts. Candidates have to first check required eligibility before applying for the exam. The main criteria to apply is that if a candidate is pursuing final year/ semester of their Degree course at present are also eligible to apply for CDS Exam 2018 on a provisional basis.
- For Indian Military Academy (IMA): Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. With a minimum of 7.0 CGPA.
- For Indian Naval Academy (INA): Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology from a recognized university or equivalent.
- For Air Force Academy ( AFA): Bachelor’s Degree of Engineering/Technology from a recognized university OR degree from a recognized university with Physics and Maths as mandatory subjects.
- For Officers Training Academy (OTA): Bachelor’s Degree from a Recognized University or equivalent.
- Officers Training Academy also provide with a unique SSC Women Non-Technical Course: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University.
2. Age Limit Eligibility
Age plays an essential factor for selecting the eligibility for these academies. The best way to find that you are eligible or not is that on the date of Commencement your age should not be more than the specified range of age. For the exam in November, the age limit will be calculated as on January 01, 2018. That means the commencement for this session will be on 01 November 2018.
|For IMA||19 years to 24 years|
|For AFA||19 years to 23 years|
|For INA||19 years to 22 years|
|For OTA||19 years to 25 years|
- The foremost thing is that the candidate should be a citizen of India
- Or else he can be subjects of Bhutan, Nepal, Tibet, Burma, Srilanka and all of the East African Counties are also eligible under certain conditions.
- ALL of them have to produce a certificate the certificate Issued by authorities of Government of India Certifying the claim
4. Marital Status
- Candidates should be unmarried to apply for any one of the three Indian Defence services.
- OTA has relaxation for this, Male applicants are exempted from this particular restriction.
- Unmarried women and issueless widows and divorcees can also apply for OTA.
5. Physical Standards
- Candidates must be physically fit and will be tasted following the physical standards for Indian defense academies.
- Clearing these physical standards and requirement is a must for induction.
- Combined Defence Services Examination 2018, Physical standard guidelines are issued for every term.
CDS 2018 Syllabus
UPSC will prepare the syllabus of CDS 2018. The syllabus works as a guide for the students to give a direction in which way they have to prepare for the exam.
The Syllabus Contains the Following:
- English: Synonyms, Antonyms, Reading Comprehension, Para jumbles, Error spotting, Jumbled Sentences, Sentence correction & fill in the blanks.
- General Knowledge Syllabus: This includes Current events, day to day happenings, History, Geography, Indian politics, this also include general awareness and reasoning questions.
- Mathematics Syllabus: Arithmetic, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Mensuration & Statistics.
The best way is to prepare using many of the preparation book available in the market
This an essential step for CDS 2 2018 Apply Online. Candidates can fill up the form or can apply online for the Exam by visiting the Official Website of UPSC. Combine defense service exam 2018 application Form is available on the website and any other form type will not be accepted except the online registration. Candidates belonging to GEN/OBC categories have to pay an amount of 200 as an application fee. And there is a relaxation for SC/ST categories candidates and Female applicants.
After completing the registration which is divided into 2 parts the candidates can download the admit card. They will not be sent via any post or any other mean. Kindly remember or note down your registration number and password since they will be used to Download Admit card. The admit card will contain your necessary information which will be used for authentication at the examination center.
The Admit Card
Will contain information like name and address of allotted exam center, your roll number, Category, photo, and signature and your name this information will be verified at the examination center. All the candidates are advised to check all the details in the admit card and in case of any Discrepancy candidates should immediately inform the exam conducting authority.
Declaration of Results
The result has the name of only those students who have a minimum score for qualifying marks in the written examination as declared by the union public service commission. Now this will be declared in the PDF format in December 2018.
Further, if you clear the exam you will be sent to SSB which in the selection interview and this is divided into 2 stages screen in/out and conference in/out. The recommended candidates are then sent for a medical check-up.
Tags: cds 2 2018, cds 2 2018 exam date, cds 2 2018 apply online, cds 2 2018 syllabus, cds 2 2018 admit card, cds 2 2018 apply, cds 2 2018 notification pdf, cds 2 2018 freejobalert, cds 2 2018 upsc, cds 2 2018 admit card date, cds 2 2018 strategy, cds 2 2018 vacancies.