Welcome to EduGeeks.in. Computer General & Marketing questions with answers provided here exclusively for SBI PO aspirates. Many of the aspirates are giving this examination for the first time and worried about the level of the question hence to help for PO aspirates today we come up previous Computer General Awareness & Marketing Questions with Answers. You are suggested to have a look at these questions to get an idea about the topics you need to cover.
At below we provided a set of questions collected from previous SBI examinations study and analyze the syllabus and questions pattern for proper preparation. You are recommended to make a short note of essential happenings around you and its applications. Candidates should follow daily newspaper to be updated with the latest happenings which helps you to score right at your examination.
For any queries and suggestions drop a mail to [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Or leave a comment at below.
1. A major public sector bank raised interest rates on loans by 25 bases points-was news in some major financial newspapers recently. This means the bank has raised interest by 25 basis points of-
(A) Savings Bank Interest Rate (B) Base Lending Price
(C)Repo Rates (D) Present Rates On Deposits
(E) Discounted Rates of Interest
2. The Finance Minister of India in one of his press conferences said that inflationary pressure is likely to continue following recent increasing rates of some commodities in international markets. Which of the following commodities was he referring to as it gets a frequent increase in international levels and disturbs our Home Economy substantially?
(A) Gold and Silver (B) Petroleum products (C) Tea and Coffee
(D)Sugar (E) Jute and jute products
3. Immediately before the change in the measure Food inflation, which of the following indexes was being used for measuring it?
(A) Wholesale Price Index (B) Consumer Price Index
(C) Interest Rates offered by the bank on deposits
(D)Sensex and Nifty (E) None of these
4. What is the full form of ‘FINO’ a term we see frequently in financial newspapers?
(A) Financial Investment and Network Operations
(B) Farmer’s Investment in National Organisation
(C) Farmer’s Inclusion News and Operations
(D) Financial Inclusion Network and Operations
(E) None of These
5. Which of the following is/are commodity/lies on which subsidy is given to farmers/poor in India?
(D)Only 1 and 3
(E)All 1,2 and 3
6. ‘Bhagyam Oilfields’ which was recently in news is located in which of the following states in India?
(A) Rajasthan (B) Gujarat (C) Assam
(D) Maharashtra (E) Karnataka
7. The Finance Minister of India recently decided to review the position of ‘Bad Debts’ in the priority sector. Which of the following is/are the reasons owing to which PM took this decision?
1. Bad Debt in agriculture is still rising substantially every year despite
2. Bad debt in other areas of priority sector is almost nil now
3. Govt. is planning to disburse another installment of Rs. 1,60,000 crore which will bring ‘Bad Debts’ almost at ‘Nil level’ and no special treatment will be needed in next fiscal year.
(A)Only 1 (B) Only 2
(C) Only 3 (D) Both 1 and 2
(E) All 1,2 and 3
8. Which amongst the following countries is not a member of the TAPI pipeline project, which was in news recently?
(A) India (B) Afghanistan (C) Portugal
(D) Pakistan (E) Turkmenistan
9. An agreement on Arms Reduction popularly known as ‘START’ is one of the major issues in the way of smooth relations between which of the two countries?
(A) India – Pakistan (B) India – China (C) China-Japan(D) USA – Russia (E) Russia – Iran
10. The International WWW conference-2011 was organized in which of the following places in March 2011?
(A) London (B) Paris (C) Vienna
(D) Manila (E) Hyderabad
11. Which of the following international agencies /organizations had initiated an “International Convention for the ‘Protection of all Persons form disappearance’, which came into effect recently?
(A)Whole Health Organization (WHO)
(B) International Court Of Justice
(C) International Maritime Organization
(D) International Atomic Energy Agency
(E) United Nations Organizations
12. ‘BRIC’ which was the Organization of 4 nations namely Brazil, Russia, India and China has now become ‘BRICS’. Which is the fifth nation included in it?
(A) South Korea (B) Sri Lanka (C) Singapore
(D) Spain (e) South Africa
13. The process of acquisition of agricultural land and its compensation to farmers recently came up as a major issue in which of the following states? (It also created Law and Order problem in the state).
(A) Haryana (B) Gujarat (C) Uttar Pradesh
(D) Rajasthan (E) Punjab
14. What does the Letter ‘L’ denote in the term ‘LAF’ as referred every now and then in relation to monetary policy of the RBI?
(A) Liquidity (B) Liability (C) Leveraged
(D) Longitudinal (E) Linear
15. BP pic which was in news recently is a major international company in the field of-
(A) Heavy Machinery (B) Oil Exploration and Processing
(C) Atomic Energy (D) Information technology
(E) None of These
- Computer Basics